Friday, November 12, 2010

faculty show‏

The Art piece that I liked and thought I would write about is called " Spill" By: Bob Toensing.  I am in Bob's Glass Blowing class so I know and understand how much time and work is put into a piece and how hard it can be and the steps you need to take in order to get a finished piece that you like. I think that work could be about kind of the older age when they would make plates and cups and such and carve in them (they used wood).  The sand blast of the fish just remined me somewhat of Egyptian hieroglyphics.  I would Help Bob to promote it by putting more of his art work onto the internet and making a website. Since the Web is used so much more these days for people searching and find what they want much more easier.  I searched for him and I didnt see one a web site. I only say his school page at AR.  I would work with the detail photo to promote his work.  Once people see a glass blown piece they can truly be amazed maybe even putting a video of a demo could attract more people, to see just how glass pieces are made. 

http://www.ar.cc.mn.us/art/faculty/robert.html    ---> that is the school web site

The fish are a little hard to see in the picture, but I also love the color of the plate as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment