Wednesday, October 27, 2010

FOSHAY TOWER

This picture i did in Illustrator.  I had a hard time with it cause i know nothing about that program. But I left the clouds in the background and I made the Foshay tower yellow cause when i went there one of the facts was in January 1981, a huge yellow ribbon was put around the tower to welcome home hostages Iran. And February 13, 1981 was designated as "Yellow Ribbon Day" in Minnesota. I thought that was a pretty big deal so I just made the tower yellow to resemble that event.

In this picture I put two pictures together. One of the Foshay Tower from the street view and another picture of the Washington Monument.  I faded the Washington Monument into the left corner of the picture. I did this because the Foshay Tower was modeled after the washington monument. 

On this last picture I was just messing around in photoshop and was going through the different effects and i really liked this one. the dark side could resemble the old Foshay Tower and the brighter side could resemble the New and improved W Hotel.
I did this picture in Illustrator in class. Just messing around trying to get a hang of things. But i decieded to do it black and purple becuase when I went to go visit the Foshay Tower when you walk in the W hotel its dark with purle lighting and I thought that was pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment