Thursday, October 14, 2010

Metaphors We Live By

The two chapters were very interesting. I really enjoyed the part in chapter 2 about how time is money.

You're wasting my time.
This gadget will save you hours.
I don't have the time to give you. 
How do you spend your time these days?
That flat tire cost me an hour. 
I've invested a lot of time in her. 
I don't have enough time to spare for that. 
You're running out of time. 
You need to budget your time. 
Put aside some time for ping-pong. 
Is that worth your while? 
Do you have much time left? 
He's living on borrowed time. 
You don't use your time profitably. 
I lost a lot of time when I got sick. 
Thank you for your time.

You never really know how so many things you do in a day are related to metaphors. Also how we the people of society have associated time with so many things. I didnt really understand metaphors but the first to chapters explained it a little it more to me.  

http://www.how-to-study.com/study-skills/en/language-arts/7/metaphors/

This website does a good job of tell what a metaphor is, examples of it in words and phrases, why we use metaphors, examples of metaphors and strategies.

No comments:

Post a Comment